Today I look like this!
Friday, April 30, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Thought this was a nice list :)
1. Waldeinsamkeit (German): the feeling of being alone in the woods
2. Ilunga (Tshiluba, Congo): a person who is ready to forgive any abuse for the first time, to tolerate it a second time, but never a third time
3. Taarradhin (Arabic): a way of resolving a problem without anyone losing face (not the same as our concept of a compromise – everyone wins)
4. Litost (Czech): a state of torment created by the sudden sight of one’s own misery
5. Esprit de l’escalier (French): a witty remark that occurs to you too late, literally on the way down the stairs…
6. Meraki (Greek): doing something with soul, creativity, or love
7. Yoko meshi (Japanese): literally ‘a meal eaten sideways’, referring to the peculiar stress induced by speaking a foreign language:
8. Duende (Spanish): a climactic show of spirit in a performance or work of art, which might be fulfilled in flamenco dancing, or bull-fighting, etc.
9. Guanxi (Mandarin): in traditional Chinese society, you would build up good guanxi by giving gifts to people, taking them to dinner, or doing them a favour, but you can also use up your guanxi by asking for a favour to be repaid.
10. Pochemuchka (Russian): a person who asks a lot of questions
11. Tingo (Pascuense language of Easter Island): to borrow objects one by one from a neighbour’s house until there is nothing left
12. Radioukacz (Polish): a person who worked as a telegraphist for the resistance movements on the Soviet side of the Iron Curtain
13. Selathirupavar (Tamil): a word used to define a certain type of absence without official leave in face of duty
14. Lagom (Swedish): an individually measure to define the perfect amount of something.
Kalle became my best friend at my sixth birthday. And we lived together until I was 16. At the age of 10 he passed away, unusual old for his kind. I still miss him. And I still has his pictured framed in my apartment.
Kalle was not just an ordinary bunny living his life in a cage, or living his life outdoors. He was a well respected and loved family member who never visited his cage. (sometimes he sat on top of it tho). He had a blanket on the kitchen floor which was his favorite spot. He ate breakfast with us and in the evening he followed us to the living room for company, sitting in the sofa and watching TV. If we somehow tried to close him out for some activities, he figured out a way anyway. He could jump 1meter to overcome any obstruction to get to us.
He didn't liked to be carried, but he would let me do it sometimes. He would prefer being stroked. He loved it. He was such a good bunny, cus he didn't bite on cables so he could walk everywhere in the house he wanted to. We never had to be afraid for him to sneak out the door. He HATED to be outside. Dad made him a really big cage outdoors in the grass. And in some nice days we took him out for a few hours so he could feel the grass under his feet. Oh my he was in such bad mood afterwards. We tried it every year, and he always reacted the same so after a few years we stopped trying and we took the leaf of the dandelion inside for him to eat instead. That made him very happy ^^
His favorite food was soft bread, but his stomach didn't like it so he got crispbread instead. Sometimes he could have a LITTLE soft bread since he loved it so much. He also loved vegetables and fruits like a real bunny ^^
Most people were fascinated by his manners. Many people are familiar with bunnies pooping everywhere, but he had a blue little box he always used. Trained like a cat ^^
I will never ever meet a bunny that awesome ever again.
The last picture is dark, but totally epic. When my sister was little she wove a little carpet at kindergarten for Kalle as a Cristmas gift. (you can also see he had a Christmas sock hanging over his blanket^^) My sister thought this little carpet would be perfect for the entrance of his cage, like a doormat. When my sister placed it on the floor, Kalle came right away (he was sitting on his blanket) and sat down on the little carpet. My sister was happy beyond limits and the rest of us laughed. Totally epic ^^
Today I'm crying my heart out a little because i fell in love with Angelic Prettys new Wonder Cookie series. However, those pieces (as always when it comes to AP) will become a not so flattering mini skirt or mini dress on me... And I (unless many other lolitas) refuses wear stuff that short...
Lolita feels very unfair today :(
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
My movie shelf needs an update. I made a list of all the movies I want to buy.
I only wish i could afford it ^^'
The princess and the frog, The lovely bones, Ice age 3
K-PAX, Wallace & Gromit: the curse of the ware-rabbit, Veronica decides to die
Whispers of the heart, Orphan, 9
X-men origins: Wolverine, Cars, Dorian Gray
Kalle Stropp & Grodan Boll, Australia, the Incredibles
Angels and demons, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, Avatar.